Crohn's Crusaders Mission

On June the 4th, 2009, the Crohn's Crusaders will begin their challenge of riding the entire Tour de France route, stage for stage, to raise money and awareness for Crohn's Disease.

Even though I haven't touched a bike for at least six years I thought I'd join the Crohn's Crusaders and give the Tour de France a bash too. This blog will detail my account of the massive challenge we set out to achieve.

2009 Tour de France Route

2009 Tour de France Route

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Damian's Press Conference




I don’t think that we were quite ready for the press conference. In fact I know we weren’t, we were totally underprepared. It started at 11.00 and I casually strolled down to the conference room in the hotel at 10.55, in jeans and thongs, to be greeted by about 24 well dressed Italians. This is where I really wished I had of brushed up on some language skills, but settled for some polite smiles and puzzled looks.

Set up at the front of the room was a table for six people, which included the head of paediatric gastrointestinal disorders, presidents of different associations, doctors and Damian. The conference went for an hour and I was pleased to see how well received Damian's project was, they were very grateful towards him. We are a bit worried that lost in translation is the fact that Damian isn’t actually competing in the Tour de France, just riding the route, but then again, if it helps promote the project, maybe it’s not such a bad thing. I wonder how many of the people in the room will be tuning into the tour looking for him.
Next stop Nice. We depart tonight and ride with Simon Gerrans in Monaco tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment